When I reflect back on our travels around Asia few memories are fonder than our time spent in both Hong Kong and Macau. From the fascinating attractions in both cities to the amazing local eats we really packed in a lot over a short period of time. Some of the top highlights included eating dim sum, taking boat rides, viewing the symphony of lights, eating Macanese street food, frequenting casinos and marveling at the views of both cities from high vantage points.
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
The following is a comprehensive travel guide for Hong Kong and Macau. You’ll find numerous things to do and foods to eat. Our guide is comprised of all of the individual videos we made in both cities. In the description box you’ll notice our entire playlist with click-able times to advance to a desired spot in the travel video. If you’re looking for fast paced urban adventure in the Far East you should consider Hong Kong and Macau for your next trip.
Things to do in Hong Kong and Macau Top Attractions Travel Guide Playlist:
1) Peak Tram Ride along with stunning views of Hong Kong Island and Victoria Harbor from The Peak (太平山)
2) Things to do in Macau, China including visiting Senado Square & the Ruins of Saint Paul’s Cathedral
3) Eating Dim Sum at Tim Ho Wan Michelin Star Restaurant on the cheap in Hong Kong, China (添好運 點心)
4) Eating Street Food in Macau, China | Macanese Cuisine with Chinese & Portuguese Influences
5) Avenue of Stars and A Symphony of Lights at night in Hong Kong, China (香港 – 星光大道 – 幻彩詠香江)
6) Having Afternoon English Style High Tea at the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong, China (香港半島酒店)
7) A tour of Hong Kong Island during the day with Big Bus Open-Top Tours (香港的巴士之旅)
8) Chinese Junk boat ride at night during a A Symphony of Lights light & laser show in Hong Kong China
9) Ferry boat ride from Macau to Hong Kong, China via HydroFoil TurboJet travel video
10) Eating Dim Sum and Drinking Chinese Tea for dinner in Hong Kong, China (香港 點心 – 香港 点心)
11) Taking a Sampan Boat Tour around Aberdeen in the South China Sea – Hong Kong, China (舢舨 – 香港仔 – 香港)
12) A tour of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon at night via Big Bus Open-Top Tours (晚上香港及九龍遊)
13) Star Ferry boat ride across Victoria Harbor from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island, China (天星小輪)
14) Visiting Hong Kong Park & participating in a Chinese Tea Appreciation Ceremony (香港公園 – 香港公园)
15) Feasting on Indian Food at Chungking Mansions in Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (重庆大厦 – 重慶大廈)
16) Visiting the Venetian Macao Hotel & Casino in Macau China (澳門威尼斯人度假村酒店)
17) Did we (or did we not) get our Chinese tourist Visa issued in Hong Kong????
18) Packing up and moving from Chiang Mai, Thailand and flying with Air Asia to Macau, China
All photos and video taken by Samuel Jeffery (Nomadic Samuel) and Audrey Bergner (That Backpacker).
This video features music from Kevin Macleod available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Commercial license.
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network